Monday, November 26, 2012

Locust Grenadier


A quicker piece in my sketchbook. Fan art from Gears of War. This character is my most famous choice while enjoying multiplayer with my friends. He is more commonly known to us as "Shirtless Joe" or often "The shirtless guy is Kessler." So naturally I equipped him with my favorite arsenal, a boltok pistol and a frag grenade (explosives and headshots? who could as for anything more?). I am also most often seen with these weapons in hand as well. 

The scales and bracer work was really fun in this one. The Grenadier doesn't usually sport bracers, but I thought they added a nice detailed touch. The scaling was a tad meticulous but nothing too difficult. In the end it gave him a lot more texture. The hand and angle on the pistol were extremely difficult. I still don't feel like I gave it justice, but it turned out looking much more natural than the original sketches and attempts. Capturing the face is hard on these guys, but I gave it a good effort. Enjoy the Fan Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment