Friday, November 16, 2012

Clan of the Plagued Goblet



This concept was inspired by a love of zombification and orcs. My friend Blake and I were talking. His affection for the Orcs and my affection for the undead sparked a meeting in the middle. To develop the idea I started with a few different positions. I wanted a multi subject drawing, which I need a lot of work on doing, which forced me to experiment a little. I decided to use lighting to help draw in a couple figures. This was a difficult decision of how to lay it out, but the orc "chieftain" with the goblet needed to be the center of attention. 

Concept: A clan of orcs discovered the goblet long ago. The clan has since chosen their strongest greenskin to hold the goblet. It was promised in the legend to bring them immortality. It has but the goblet also comes with a curse to plague the bearers. Each orc drinks from the goblet to gain immortality. Some decay faster than others, the strong can resist a lot of the affects. The go, bearing the emblem of the goblet reaping down foes and bringing death as they go. 

A few things to note:
The maggots falling out of his wound, the cockroach in his skin and the millipede crawling on his shoulder area. The raven on the head is one of my favorites parts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment