Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Goblin Brute: Line Work

This is a line drawing of my Goblin Brute. I have a special place in my heart for goblins. I like their classic look with serious spins. I adapted a pose for this drawing from another pencil drawing of Batman, done by another artist. After altering the pose slightly I had something stronger to work with. You can see faint lines of repositioning and erase marks from areas that took a lot of struggle for me to get right. I expected this to be more of an inked piece of art, so I fixed it later.

The concept for this comes from the idea of a hearty, thicker goblins who are assigned in pairs to be guards. Trained from a younger age these goblins are cruel best friends with their fellow brute companions. Most often they are out in front of the camps, hidden in the rocks or canyons. They fall upon lone travelers or small groups to steal and collect items they want or the clan needs. When numbers are too overwhelming or a threat is posed to the camp, brutes will blow their horns and warn fellow goblins. They are ver cocky, but relentless and greedy are the most noted attributes. One on one combat would not be fun, and you better pray you don't have anything shiny!

Next in set: Goblin Brute: Penciled Shadows
 

No comments:

Post a Comment