Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lady of the Woods

It was around Halloween time and I felt a need to draw something...Halloweeny. Since most of my art work already includes monsters and zombies, I decided to go for something a bit more traditional. This witch isn't meant to be frightening as so much mysterious. Coming across her in the forest would most likely be a friendly interaction. Following her to her home or offering to help carry some things could lead to riskier circumstances. Some witches are good, some are bed. A few witches just like to meddle in your life and alter your circumstances.

A few things to note: The shadow on the face because of the hood gave too much contrast in that area. That shadow should have been carried out into the piece. The lighting was intended to be more ambient. I love her mismatched shoes. Other than that I tried to give her an old fashioned, slightly scrappy look. Not to fear, but to spark more curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment